Wednesday 16 July 2008

me, maps, and more work



sam and i have been on a trip to norwich this afternoon to order a sliding bi-fold door for the kitchen at the farm...you know the type - flush to the ground, so when you open the doors the outside comes inside and the like...anyway, i printed out how to get there and i also had an a-z of norwich, i was well prepared and reasonably confident that i knew where i was going, after all, i'd lived there for two years. how wrong could i be? it turns out that the roundabout that for the last 10 years i've called the cringleford roundabout is not what everybody else in the world calls the cringleford roundabout. which was rather a large spanner in the works from the beginning. fairly standard crapness as far as me and maps are concerned. i just turn into a wobbly wreck...anyway, enough of all that. doors have been ordered...they're lovely, just deciding on colour...
this morning i worked a little more on a piece for nahcotta...slightly different to the pink piece i made earlier - a bit too guitar-y like (thankyou sam and anna for pointing that out to me!) so i cut the threads down the middle and i'm rather liking!

3 comments:

style='clear: both;'
Jamie said...

I absolutely adore this piece... and then I looked at it more closely and the map is from Montana... where I'm from! Very nice! Jamie V in MT

Anna Betts said...

I liked the guitar element! Ah well, I obviously like this too!

Francesca said...

ahh the cringleford roundabout, that old chestnut!
this is lovely, i like the way the threads hang down.